Vintage Woodland Nursery

As promised, here is a peek at my son's Vintage Woodland Nursery!

We wanted to create a woodland theme because my husband and I love animals - and we want our son to love them too. We also wanted to feature animals that he will most likely see growing up here in rural Alberta. It's been so fun collecting all sorts of forest friends for him to enjoy over the years!


I picked up this "hello" sign at Walmart! The owl bookends are from Urban Barn and the antique radio is from my Mom & Dad's collection - so glad I was able to incorporate it somehow.


I have found that my one of my favourite children's author is Nancy Tilman. She writes beautiful stories like "On The Night You Were Born" and "Wherever You Are, My Love Will Find You" 
They are so wonderfully illustrated and every story makes me tear up a little (actually a lot!)





These deer hooks from one of the booths at the Old Strathcona Antique Mall are the perfect spot to hang baby's jean jackets!


I always admired this rustic cupboard of my Mom's and I am so excited to finally have a place for it in my home. The bottom of it is a perfect place to stash extra linens, diapers and wipes. And the shelves are a great place to display all of baby's keepsakes and photos. Most of the decor on the shelves is from Homesense - my favourite place to find unique home decor items!


I found these frames at Homesense and decided to frame a picture of
my husband when he was a little boy (and his farm dog Pepper).

And a picture of my Dad and I petting a kitty!

I picked up these fox & squirrel tags at one of my favourite stores in Edmonton: Laurel's on Whyte


The top of the cupboard features decor from Homesense and 
a mason jar lamp from It's a Crock Country Store in Leduc, AB



I picked up this adorable coat rack at Homesense and it turned out to be a great place to display
my boy's growing collection of hats!


This little reading area is decorated with a deer pillow, fur blanket and
chevron area rug from Homesense. 
The lamp was from Target (when it was in Canada - miss it so much!)


This is the HEMNES dresser from IKEA I chose it because I am tall and a regular height change table would not have been comfortable for me. I switched out the silver knobs for white ones that I picked up at Walmart.  I got the change pad and cover from Buy Buy Baby  
I put a non-slip rubber material underneath the change pad 
(the kind you line drawers with or put under rugs).



I organized all the drawers in the dresser with the SKUBB dividers from IKEA 
They are perfect for storing all the little baby items and help keep me organized. 
(p.s. cute baby shoes are my weakness!)


The gallery wall is done with canvas pictures, baby's initial and a maternity picture of me (& baby)  in the mountains. 


I was so excited when I found this Jenny Lind crib! I fell in love with the vintage design of it and the fact that its a new model - so it's safe for baby. You can check it out at West Coast Kids in Edmonton. (I ended up ordering mine on amazon.ca) 


This Moses basket is so special. It was my Grandma Doris' - so its over 90 years old.
Its the perfect place to keep all of my son's furry forest friends and we also used it in his newborn photo shoot.  



Here's the DIY Woodland Mobile I created in my first Dear Doris craft post. 
The teal wall colour is Caribe in Behr Paint & Primer in One 


My brother made the barn wood wall hanging. I found the white wooden letters at Walmart and hot glued them onto the barn wood. (I decided to cover up his full name for these photos).
The white birds are from Walmart as well.



Here's an overall look at the room! 
The ceiling light is CALYPSO from IKEA



I hope you enjoyed this little tour and maybe it will inspire you to create your own 
Vintage Woodland Nursery!

Sincerely, Terralyn


















Comments

Popular Posts